Sunday, October 27, 2013

Just One of Those Days

Today was one of those days.  Feeling a little down and emotional.  (Insert Monica "Just one of dem days that a girl goes through...")  It's been a super cloudy day & I started the day with some super sad news from a friend.  I think the tone of the day was set from then on.  Probably a bunch of PMS.  When I feel like that, I like to bake things for my kids.  They smile, I smile.  Win win.

So, I decided  to make one those cute little bundt cake pumpkins.  I got the idea from Country Living Magazine:


 I found the picture on the left on Pinterest.  Not sure where it originated from.   I have a little mini bundt cake pan.  It's like a cupcake tin, but all bundts.  Super cute for the kids.  

It was easy to make them:
1)  Just bake the bundts 
2) Let them cool
3) Put a little frosting in between 2 of them
4) Stick them together
5) This was the tricky part for me: getting that frosting on there!  I slathered on a ton of it, but it still didn't cover the whole pumpkin.  

Oh well, the kids loved them & they made me giggle.


We all had plans as a family to go somewhere together, but I was just not in the mood to see a bunch of people.  I just wanted to stay at home with my little sweetheart girl & carve a pumpkin.

We decided to go to Wal-Mart to pick our big ole pumpkin.  On the way this song came on:



It's like the perfect song for a bummer kind of day when you just need to remember the good stuff.  I love it.

When we got there we shared a Happy Meal at McDonalds:


We had the best time.  She wanted me to video her singing one of her favorite songs, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."



This girl is such a little sunshine:



I asked her what she wanted her Jack-O-Lantern to look like.  She said, "A mean face with fire!"  OK done:


Such a sweet time with my precious girl.  We need more girl time.  Totally cheered me up & I know it was good for her too because she rarely gets all my attention.

It's ok to hang back sometimes & just regroup.  To breathe.


1 comment :

  1. Hey Jacqueline! Great blog entry. Well written, honest, funny. The pumpkin cupcake made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete