Monday, November 4, 2013

Teaching Them About #SIMPLEGiving with Champions for Kids


champions4kids

I've posted before about the work that Champions for Kids does.  Why I love partnering with them in their #SIMPLEGiving programs is that they make it easier for people to give locally to children in need.  Since they are set up in Walmart, so many people are already going to shop there for other things.  Their purple bins are all set up at the front of the store:

champions4kids
(Front L to R: Donation Bin, Bins with products to buy & then donate)

When you go to check out, the bins with the pre-selected Kimberly Clark & Unilever products to purchase are right there.  So, it's simple to just grab what you'd like to donate & then deposit it in the donation bin as you leave the store (it's by the exit).  Their current program aims to collect personal care items for children in local schools which are then distributed by the school nurse.

It's such a good way to start teaching your children about giving in a very practical way.  Even if you're a super busy person, you'll end up with your kids at Walmart at some point most likely.  It's simple enough for even my 2 1/2 year old son to understand.  I let them pick out which items we were going to donate & put them in the basket.  It melted my heart to share that with them & just wonder what they were thinking.

champions4kids

Here is my basket of the items we gathered; Suave shampoo & conditioner, Degree deodorant & Cottonelle Cleansing Cloths.  They chose great things for the school to have on hand for kids that need them.  It makes me sad to think that there are kids that are not able to get their hair washed, take a bath or use deodorant if they need it.  What a privilege it is to be able to help provide that for them! 

champions4kids

I let them carry the bags from check out & put them in the donation bin themselves.  They loved it.

champions4kids

I want to encourage you to use this as an opportunity to teach your kids about giving while giving to children in your area.

         You can find out more about #SIMPLEGiving at:



4 comments :

  1. Cool! I didn't know about this. I don't visit my local Walmart very often. Shameful, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for spreading the word about this campaign and showing how easy giving can be. #client

    ReplyDelete