Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Brownie Cupcakes




Tonight I was going to make brownies.  Then I thought, peanut butter sure is good in brownies.  Then, I didn't haven't enough butter, so I decided use a banana instead of the butter.  A few recipes combined & tweaked later; Peanut Butter Banana Brownie Cupcakes were in the works!
Yesss.


 I had an adorable helper.  "I do it Mommy."  " I see it Mommy?  Hold you!"


We did sample the batter some together & it was really good.



Peanut Butter Banana Brownie Cupcakes:


INGREDIENTS:
1 banana
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder



DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill 12 cup cupcake tin with liners.
First smash the banana with a pastry blender (see first pic). Stir in sugar, eggs one at a time, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Add in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt and baking powder. Add batter to cupcake tin with an ice cream scoop.  I used Pampered Chef's large scoop.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before adding frosting.


FROSTING:
1 cup powdered sugar1 tsp vanilla1/4 cup butter, olive oil, coconut oil3/4 cup peanut butter3 Tbsp milk

    

*Adapted from these recipes from The Comfort of Cooking & Plain Chicken 





Combine with ingredients in bowl. Blend with hand mixer until creamy, but don't over mix because it will start to break up.  I used olive oil instead of butter in the frosting.


Load decorating bag.  I did not chill the frosting because it is pretty thick.  You could add a little milk if you want it to be less so.

Here it is!  It was super good.




No comments :

Post a Comment