Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reclaiming Our Spaces: Organizing My Double-Duty Pantry



Today I decided to work on the pantry in my kitchen.  It's a double-duty pantry.  I use the top part for food items & the lower part for the kids' frequently used crafts, art supplies & activities.  




My little pantry was getting pretty crazy.  I had it well organized when we first moved in, but 2 bad habits got in the way:

1)  Holding onto items that needed to find a new home

2)  Shoving items away in the cabinet instead of putting them in a specific home

So, I took everything out of the cabinet & sat down to think for a minute.  "What do I really want to be in this cabinet?  What needs to be thrown away?  Given away?  What needs to find a new home?"

Here's what I ended up with:











So much cleaner, neater & easier to deal with.  I love that I know exactly what's in there & where it is!

Another clutter area CONQUERED!!!!

Holly worked on her closet this week.  That is on my to-do list as well!

Check out CleverHolly.com for cute, savvy organizing products!


1 comment :