Tuesday, January 11, 2011

French Macarons

Serious Eats
Charmed Events Planning

Marie's Maison


The Grocer

French Macarons.  They're kind of a big deal.  I kept seeing them in magazines & websites displayed at fancy showers & parties.  That got me curious about them, so I looked for them locally & realized, I can't buy them anywhere around here.  So, I looked online & found they were sold for around $2 a cookie!!!  Holy moly, these must be something.

Rather than pay the $2 each, I decided to make my own.  I found an easy recipe at:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/09/making-french-macarons/

And here's what I ended up with:




Definitely not a pros work, but they were yummy!  I don't know if they're quite worth $2 a cookie, but maybe if I tried one made by someone who knew what they were doing?

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for your comment on my kitchen! Your post today is very interesting--I've been seeing these little cookies everywhere and wondering what the big deal is. Actually, I first found them at Target of all places and wondered why they were so pricey. Yours look delicious and beautiful. Thanks for the recipe link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you make them & post a pic!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete