Sunday, October 17, 2010

*Thanksgiving Decorating on the Cheap

You don't have to go broke getting your home ready for the Thanksgiving festivities.  Here are a few ideas I came up with this year for pennies.

If you read my ribbon wreath post, it cost me about $20.





Then, I had the idea to make a thankfulness board for my family where we could each write what we are thankful for in anticipation for Thanksgiving.  I took a huge shabby chic frame from Wal-mart (think it was $12), put a placemat inside (ha!), made a fancy ribbon for the top (using left-over wreath ribbon), and wrote on the glass with a dry erase marker.  Simple and VERY cheap.  






I also took my fruit bowl and put some velour fabric in the bottom.  Then I placed walnut husks, pine cones & buckeyes inside.  Easy and free.







My entry table was made up of a bunch of things I already had.  One bunch of flowers from TJMaxx ($10), one bunch of flowers from Walgreens ($7), A little fall colored frame, a little leaf candle holder also from Walgreens ($4) & a lamp.





My last project was using a whole bunch of buckeyes I found in my mother-in-laws' yard. I took glass vases and filled them 3/4 of the way full adding peacock feathers to one and a candle to the other.  For me, this project was free because I already had everything on hand.  









All my fall decorating DONE for about $20.  

- - -

*Look for this post in the November issue of Peekaboo! Magazine.

3 comments :

  1. Impressive! I love the dry erase board idea!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and simple! Love it! Thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. your entry table set up is lovely. It really sets the tone for the room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails