Friday, August 27, 2010

The many uses of a cake stand

Is it just me or does any one else find cake stands to be a staple in their decorating and party planning?

Of course cake stands are a very simple way to dress up a cake or cupcakes for a special occasion, but I have also found them to be a simple way to dress up your decorating, in almost any room in the house!
(A DIY cake stand made out of painted terracotta pots and plates I found searching the web--I so want to make this one day! But alas, I digress...)



I like to change up the decorations on top of my TV armoire according to the seasons. I bring out my Thanksgiving ware cake stand to decorate for the fall. I think arranging my paper pumpkins (be looking for a post on this soon) on various levels makes all the difference.


I also use a simple glass cake stand in my master bathroom, placing my smelly-good toiletries on top making them double as decor. Even my husband likes this.



And then, you can never go wrong with candles in the bedroom! The varied sizes and heights of the candles make this arrangement very pleasing to the eye. (By the way, this is not my bedroom, but a random online photo that I like.)


Finally, I just have to say, if you are ever in need of a centerpiece for any occasion be it baby shower, wedding, birthday party or special dinner, I highly recommend incorporating a cake stand into the mix. For example: for a brunch time bridal shower, put your delightful pastries on cake stands in the middle of each table set for your guests and add a few bud vases on either side and voila, you have a simple and elegant centerpiece. And again, you cannot go wrong with candles on a cake stand.


2 comments :

  1. I totally agree! I use a cake stand in my master bath to hold all my hair accesories. I also have used a cake stand to display and oragnize my lotions in the bathroom.
    Great ideas!-Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read on a blog and have several other places also about how to make a cake stand out of candle sticks and vintage plates. epoxy for 5 minutes and voila! amazing presents abound..

    ReplyDelete