Friday, July 9, 2010

Updating Old Looks (Rods & Panels)

It's amazing how just a little paint can make such a huge difference!

When we moved into our current home, most of the style hadn't been updated since it was built... 30 years ago! Luckily the carpet was new, changed from a rusty RED SHAG, no lie, that the previous owners had to be convinced to replace. With all the projects to be done, I had to be thrifty in what did and one of the easiest projects was painting the outdated hardware.

BEFORE:
Check out the LACE!


Close up of the double rods. I loved the detailing! Considering how much new rods cost, this was a very easy fix. All I needed was a screwdriver to take down the panel rods and a little black spray paint. I let it dry over night and then I was done!



AFTER:
I decided to wait to attach the second rod until I knew if I wanted a sheer panel underneath or not. Sometimes a sheer under a drapery can overpower a window. It's nice to have an easy weekend project just waiting for my brain!



I got the red panels at Bed, Bath & Beyond for only $14.99 each! I looked on overstock.com, Wal-mart, Target, TJ Maxx and didn't find anything that was the style, price or color for me. If you are willing to wait, you will eventually find what you are looking for at the right price! Here is the final look (for now!):

3 comments :

  1. I love it Heidi!!! Those rods look you just bought them! Good old IF&D experience paying off : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a up lift they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, that lace was pretty classy :) JK you did a great job on your house, I can't believe how different it looks!

    ReplyDelete