Monday, February 18, 2013

Bean Bags, Babushkas, & Thankfulness

Today I'm linking up over at:



I have always loved those babushka nesting dolls & my daughter does too.  So, I got the idea to make some babushka items to put in my flea market booth.  Here is the first one I made:  



It was super simple & fast to make.  To get an idea of how I wanted mine to look, I started searching for hand-sewn babushkas on Pinterest.  I picked all my favorite ideas & came up with a design for mine.  Most of my inspiration came from Cut Out & Keep.  Super cute.




I added a pocket to the front to tuck treasures or notes into.  Here it is in our booth at the Fayetteville Trading Post booth W-4:



The next project I worked on was bean bags for a friend.  I made these & another set for my kids.



Another fun, easy project.  


I've always got a few projects going.  In fact, I dream of more free time to learn & create more than I currently am able to, but I don't want to wish this day away.  I have extra on my plate right now & it's an extra that I chose; an extra that brings great joy & fulfillment to my life:  










Thank you LORD for these precious babies.  For their hugs, sweet words, giggles, & kindnesses.  And thank you for time to craft at nap time!!! xoxoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment